Today was a weird feeling day.

July 23, 2017 Sunday

I sure was sleeping nicely when Coen woke me up this morning.  I got up and we had a nice breakfast of eggs and ‘nanas and then we built a massive train track complex and had fun with that.  Of course, Zoe helped us once she got up.  My mouth felt really strangely coated when I woke up, but after a good brushing of teeth, gums, and tongue it felt more normal, for a while anyway.  Right in the right hand corner of my mouth, it was obvious I was getting a little mouth sore – that’s happened several times in the last few weeks and it’s gotten worse all day long.  About lunch time, my mouth was back to feeling really strange.  It was like a little raised ridge wandering across the roof of my mouth and the coating was back, worse on one side of that raised ridge than on the other side.  I felt strange all morning, not exactly bad, but certainly not good.   It was just strange.

I left Roswell after lunch and headed back to Dalton.  I drove about 30 minutes and felt really tired, so I stopped in a parking lot and read and rested for about 30 minutes before I got on the interstate and headed north.  There sure was a lot of traffic but it moved quickly, so that was good.  I went to Kroger before I got home and got food to last me several days.  Once I was home and had the car unloaded, I made a big pot of chicken and rice that I plan to enjoy for a couple more meals.   Then I basically just watched television and read for the rest of the day.  I love watching Barnwood Builders on Sunday nights and that’s what I did.  I also got ready for sewing with the Dudettes tomorrow.

That mouth sore is a little worse than it was earlier and my mouth feels really weird but at least it’s not painful.  I do feel drained even though I haven’t done anything demanding today.  Hopefully I’ll be more energetic tomorrow and ready for a hard day of sewing and socializing – such a hard life I lead!!!!  hahaha

The literature I have says that the fastest growing cells are in the mouth and that is why chemo is tough on the mouth (and digestive system too, I think) as those cells are killed off.  Maybe the chemo was a little stronger today.  Seems like my symptoms just come and go instead of remaining constant for a few days at a time.  I’m glad the symptoms are not long lasting, but it just seems like they should be.  Probably by the end of this experience, I will understand what’s happening, but then again, maybe not.

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: