A tiring day

August 19, 2017 Friday

I slept late this morning and really enjoyed it.  My throat has not hurt at all today, but I am still coughing a good bit.  Actually I’m having a hard time remembering the details about my day but I’ll do my best.  I did a little piddling around the house, but then decided to take some tree trimmings to the dump, the one in town since it’s closest.  However, they don’t take tree trimmings so I went to the one in the north of the country.  When I got there I parked next to an older man who had a trailer full of trimmings.  I emptied my truck and then offered to help him.  He looked terrible, hot, sweaty, exhausted and in need of a lot of help.  So I helped while he sat and drank water that had gotten hot.  He soon got up, after I was muddy and dirty and sweaty, and tried to put a chain around the whole load and then drive up some, but the chain came undone.  That man was about undone and so was I.  He said he was going to go to where the AC was and I agreed that was a good place to go so we started gathering up his chains and wires and said goodbye. I was SO glad to turn my AC on as cold as I could get it, but I’m glad that I helped him some.

After that I remembered I had to get my Neulasta shot at two but I had plenty of time to go home and clean up.  It took so cleaning after the mud at the dump believe me.  I got myself clean and clean clothes and clean shoes and made it to the infusion place.  I got my shot and then ran a couple of errands before going  home.  I drank some of my favorite lemonade and about spit it out.  I think it is the chemo changing my taste buds – it did the same thing after my first chemo treatment – but after a while I was able to drink the lemonade again.  Hope that happens after a few more days.

Once I was home again, I did a little sewing but about fell asleep at the sewing machine and decided it was time for a nap, so I took at nice nap.  I just love a good nap!!!  Then I fixed some supper, good frozen pizza but I only enjoyed a part of it.  I think I just don’t feel like myself.  I expect it’s either the chemo or the Neulasta but hopefully this won’t last too long.

Morning weight – 222.2 pounds.  I knew after all that chemo fluid, I weight would be up.  Course, that Bruster’s ice cream cone might have had a little to do with that increase also.

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: