A nice busy day

August 19, 2017 Saturday

I slept so well last night and woke up so very rested.  Don’t know why but it sure was nice.  I still sound like a frog but my throat does not hurt anymore and I’m not coughing as much.  However, I have felt fairly tired today but I accomplished a lot with a lot of resting in between.

Basically, I prepared the house for the kids and grandkids to visit.  That involved moving a lot of sewing stuff out of the main parts of the house and just kind of kid proofing the house.  I “let” Frank and Rachel make up all their beds and cover the windows of Coen’s room and do other stuff like that.  I know they appreciated that!!  I did go to Kroger and get more and different food that I don’t usually have and then I went to Willy’s Burger Shack for lunch and dinner meals – they love that place when they visit.  It is awfully good food, but there sure is a lot of it.

I kept the kids for a while when Frank and Rachel ran some errands and then my yard man came to work a while and brought his two kids so all the kids ended up playing inside the house.  I was surprised to find out it is easier on me when four kids play than when just the usual two play – I guess it was the new friend honeymoon time but they were very involved with each other and I got a rest.

Somehow when more people are around, lots more things are going on.  Funny how that works, but I really enjoy having all this activity here.  You may notice the blog is happening earlier tonight cause I’m going to bed earlier than usual – I’m a little tired.  That’s probably mostly because of the chemo and Neulasta, but maybe not. My tastebuds are definitely different, but I can drink the lemonade some but nothing tastes like it usually does.  I’m very tired of hot flashes but they will probably end soon since I took my last steroid pills last night.  I certainly hope so anyway.

I expect tomorrow will be another busy day and I am really looking forward to it.  It should be fun even though I have no idea what we will be doing yet.

Morning weight – 220.2 pounds.

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: