A really good day

August 27, 2017 Sunday

I did not sleep really well last night because I was coughing all the time, it seemed.  I did finally fall asleep but I was sitting almost straight up on four pillows but that’s what it took.  Once I woke up, I had to cough.  and cough.  and cough.  and cough.  etc.  I really thought I was going to throw up because of the coughing and bringing lots of junk up.  I went and emptied the bathroom trash can so I’d have something good to throw up in but I never did throw up.  I seriously spent about 20 minutes coughing up stuff before I could settle down and brush teeth and get dressed.  It was not a good time.

Afterwards, things improved.  I ate a breakfast of banana and peaches and applesauce – see Rachel, I was trying to eat the right stuff.  Nothing tasted very good or looked like it would taste good.

I went to the pool and spent a lovely couple of hours floating around.  The water was fairly cool but once I was in it and moving around, it was wonderful.  When we got out of the water, we were quite cool with the wind blowing on us.  I’m afraid those long, hot days of summer are done for the year.  sigh!!!

After the pool, I was wiped out.  I did order pizza and pick it up on the way home – there was no sign on the door saying that swimsuits were inappropriate so I felt fine picking up my pizza in my swimsuit!  I ate about half of it and never want to see pizza again – that was enough to last a long time.  I’m sure I’ll have swollen feet and ankles from all the salt, but that was what I wanted and I enjoyed it.  Now I’m quite thirsty because of the pizza so I’ll be eating some watermelon before going to bed.

I didn’t realize I’d fallen asleep, twice, until I woke up for the two phone calls I got.  I was very disoriented trying the answer the phone and turn the tv down and just wake up but I was glad to talk to those people.  I didn’t fall asleep again today so I should sleep well tonight.

Speaking of sleeping well tonight, I went to the store and bought some NyQuil because I really wanted some last night so I’ll have it tonight.  Whenever I take that, I have to do extra coughing in the morning to get ‘stuff’ up so tomorrow morning may be terrible!!  Oh well.

I plan to go to Ringgold and sew with the Dudettes tomorrow – I just hope I can last for the whole day and not be sidetracked by diarrhea or exhaustion.  Speaking of diarrhea, I had NONE today!!!  Thank goodness.  Makes me appreciate regular times!!

Morning weight – 215.0

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: