Last day before the new storm of chemo

I slept well and woke up to Coen waking me up again.  So sweet.  Zoe soon woke up too and we all got ready, ate a little breakfast and left for Coen’s day at school.  Zoe was so cute showing Coen and me everything in the classroom.  It was not his first time there but she considers herself the expert on that classroom.  She was really cute and Coen was ready for me and Zoe to leave, so we did.  We then walked around the lake that is located at the park near the classroom.  I should say, I walked around the lake and Zoe ran about 30 yards ahead and then ran back to me and walked about 5 steps with me and then she ran again.  Gee, that girl can run and never gets tired.  We then went home and played with Play Doh for HOURS!!!!!  It was fun.

Then we went back and picked Coen up.  Sometimes I have to use my “teacher voice” to get one or the other of them to do what I say – like when it’s time to stop playing around the tree and go to the car or to stop playing in the driveway and come into the house.  So far, the ‘teacher voice’ has worked!!  Hope that continues.  They sometimes double-team me but so far, I’ve won each time.  Eventually.

After more playing and lunch, I left Roswell to get back to Dalton.  There was very heavy traffic near Dalton on the Interstate but I was able to avoid most of it on a smaller road – still took me a long time in traffic that was trying to get off the interstate. I stopped by Kroger and got peaches, watermelon and other necessities.

After I got home, I got dressed in good clothes and went to my neighbor’s visitation at the funeral home – that still upsets me.  He looked really peaceful and I expect he had been miserable for months before his death.  Poor guy.  I hope his mom will be okay.

Then I came home and cooked my supper and relaxed.  I got Christmas lists from the kids and spent a lot of time and money on Amazon but it was FUN!!!  The gifts should arrive soon.  I hope I feel up to wrapping and labeling and organizing them so I really know which is whose and have that done.  I expect it’s really just the beginning of my Christmas shopping for them but I’m going to try and not go overboard.  However, Rachel has said I can use the “Grandma Card” and get them what I WANT!!!!  YAY!!!!

I felt really good today and still had lots of energy.  As I was in Kroger about 4:00, I realized I had forgotten to start my pre-chemo steroid pills this morning, so I took them in the parking lot.  Then I’ll take more tonight and each morning and night for the next two days.  I think that’ll be okay that I was late by a few hours.  I can already tell I’m having hot flashes so the cycle begins again.

Sue will pick me up about 9:00 in the morning to get me to my 4th and hopefully last chemo treatment.  I’ll be glad to be done with that phase – course, it’ll take three weeks for the chemo cycle to be complete.  Then we will test to see if the chemo worked.  Then I will have surgery, then radiation.  Hope that’s how it goes. Wish me luck.

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: