Back toward normal

September 14, 2017 Thursday

I slept well and woke up rested again.  Not having to be anywhere in the morning, I enjoyed just reading my ipad in bed for quite a while.  I did have a good breakfast, once I finally got up, but then the problems started.  I had about 2 hours of a different kind of diarrhea than I’ve ever had before.  It was quite painful and the color was so strange that I looked up the causes of that color online.  Turns out that liver and gall bladder problems can cause that color and so can chemo medicines!!!  How about that!!!!  And then it ended, thankfully.

Then it was time to go to the lab and turns out that my numbers are all in the normal range, again.  I’ve been very, very lucky with that.  I also got a copy of my bill for the 4th round of chemo to send to the cancer insurance company.  It’s hard to believe that each round of chemo costs most than $6,000!!!  I know my insurance company doesn’t pay that much but that is still a lot of money!!!  I came home and copied the bill and then mailed it to the cancer insurance company.  I should get about $400 for the round of chemo, I hope.

I came home and did some sewing on some quilt blocks and then I decided to mow the front yard.  There were lots of small limbs and leaves on the grass because of the hurricane Irma that came by and now those are pretty much chopped up.  Tomorrow I hope to move some large rotten limbs from the back yard so that I can mow there.  I’m glad Irma knocked those limbs into the grass instead of on my house!!!

I have felt better today than at any time since last Thursday and my last chemo treatment.  I’ve had more energy, but I am still low on energy compared to what I used to have.  I did walk for 12 minutes in Lowes today – that’s a good way for me to walk because I can use a cart so that my back doesn’t hurt so much.  I managed to not buy anything while there, but it was a close thing.  I expect I’ll be doing more of that in the future. Hopefully I’ll be able to walk for longer times each day.  The 12 minutes really tired me out!!!

Tomorrow, I hope I will feel even better and start getting a little more exercise – I certainly need to get some stamina built back up.  Other than the diarrhea and the general fatigue, today was a pretty good day as far as side effects go.

Morning weight – 217.0

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: