A busy day

September 19, 2017 Tuesday

i went to sleep at a more reasonable hour and then set alarms to go off this morning. I wanted to be semi awake when the surgeon’s office called to tell when if and when to arrive to have to injection procedure done. Of course I got to hit the snooze buttons a while and I love that. Finally I got up, dressed, and fixed breakfast with no call arriving.

At 9:30 I decided to get proactive and so I called them. She said she had just received a note to call me and tell me to be there at 10:40 so they could do the procedure. Yay. I was in the office and ready to go at 10:30, which is amazingly early for me to arrive. They didn’t call me back until after 11:00. Typical!!

The room was cold!! and I had to put on a little pink paper top and wait some more. Then the whole crew came in. A nurse, a PA, a PA student, the doctor and the “clip lady”. She’s from the company that makes the clips – it’s some kind of trial thing. It’s really strange to be stretched out with five people hovering around you while a perfect stranger is holding your breast and a man is poking a needle into it. Really strange but they acted like it could have been my elbow instead of a breast so I decided to act like that too. The numbing shot hurt!!  HURT!!  For about the first ten seconds and then I didn’t feel a thing. Still haven’t! They talked about how well it went and that let me know it was over. YaY!!  So I got dressed and left.

I drove to Roswell and got to play with and hug on grand kids all afternoon. Course I was very glad to see Frank and Rachel too!!  We stayed busy mowing and walking and talking swinging and trimming branches – I mostly stood around during that and added some class to the place!!  As usual. Then we had pizza for dinner and I decided I was pretty wiped out. Just being here is much more active than being at my house. If I lived here, I think I’d be in much better shape and I might even lose some weight.

Tomorrow I’ll stay here until some time in the afternoon when I’ll have to head back to Dalton for Blockheads and lab on Thursday. I expect I’ll need to rest some. I could tell I didn’t have my usual stamina today but I expected that.  It’s not even 10 pm and I’m going to bed.

Morning weight – 220.2

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: