A tired day

September 27, 2017 Wednesday

I slept fairly well last night.  It was kind of funny, but at the last minute I decided to rearrange Zoe’s room.  Rachel said I could and Frank helped by moving her bunk beds, but I did some of the work myself.  I was so tired by the time I finished that I couldn’t even get up out of the bed to turn the ceiling fan to a higher speed.  I think I was asleep about 6 seconds after thinking of getting up to turn up the fan.  Boy, did I sleep.

Then I heard this little voice saying “Bobo?” as Coen opened the door and sleep was gone!!  He woke me and Zoe up, he’s so sweet even then, and he played until we got up – just a few minutes later.  Then we all got dressed, fed and away we went to school.  This time, Zoe and I left Coen there and headed back home.  Sure enough, Zoe did what she had said she was going to do and changed back into her gown and pajama bottoms – that girl knows how to be comfortable!!!!

I did a little work today – finished cleaning some of the beer making equipment which was not all that taxing but I just don’t seem to have ANY strength or stamina these days.  Then I did a little more work on rearranging Zoe’s room again because I figured out a better way to do it.  It is better now and thankfully the bunk beds did not need to move – everything else did, but that’s okay.  After doing that, I had to just stretch out on one of the beds for a while and during that time, Zoe came up to play with her doll house.  She loves that doll house and the dolls that go with it.  I had never made a doll dress and crown for a doll from playdoh before today but now I know how to do it!!!  Amazing what you can do when you need to do something new.

About mid-afternoon, if was time for me to go back to Dalton.  I hated to leave, but I needed to get home.  I was worn out and it was either take a nap or leave.  I know that naps interfere with my night time sleeping so I am trying not to take any of those.  So I left.  I did stop at Chic Fil A and get two lemonades for the ride home – I was thirsty!!!  I drank them both before I made it back to Dalton.  I expect they had lots of sugar but oh well.

As I drove, I kept fiddling with my fingernails – they have been bothering me lately.  I finally figured out why.  They have grown, a lot, and need cutting!  I have not had to cut all my nails since June when the chemo started but evidently they have really started to grow again.  Speaking of growing, my leg hair is also growing.  At first, it was white or blondish but it has begun to turn dark.  I was just going to let it grow if it was unnoticeable, even against orders from some friends to shave it regardless, but if it’s going to be dark, maybe I’ll shave it off.  Next spring!!!!!   hahahaha  Kind of wish my eyebrows would start to grow back soon.  The hair on top of my head is getting quite long, relatively speaking.  Of course, it’s sticking straight up so that makes it quite interesting looking.  We shall see how that goes in the next few weeks.  All the hair I can see is white, but it mostly was before I shave it off.  I’d like it to be pure white when it comes back, but don’t have a say in that so we shall just have to wait and see how that goes.

I haven’t had much diarrhea today and that’s been nice.  I have had some hot flashes but I’m about to get used to those.  Maybe things are looking up.

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: