A busy day, sort of

September 28, 2017 Thursday

I woke up nicely rested this morning.  I was right not to take a nap yesterday because a good night’s sleep is a wonderful thing!!  I had a good breakfast and then went to get my mammogram.  I couldn’t get redressed until after the doctor looked at the mammogram to make sure it was alright.  I asked about the tumor shrinking and the lady said the tumor was very small or maybe they were seeing scar tissue from the first chip that was placed.  In other words, sounds like the tumor was not easily found and I take that as good news.

I stopped on the way home and walked for about 20 minutes in Lowe’s and got really tired doing that.  I did not slow down to look at anything, just walked.  Don’t get the idea that I was walking really fast or anything, but I did walk continuously.  Then I went to Kroger for a few things.  Looks like the best peaches are out of season, but that’s to be expected.

I had a nice lunch and then started looking for some photos on my laptop from our trip to Belgium a few years ago. I spent a lot of time looking for those photos and actually got my laptop documents and photos and trip folders all nicely organized before I finally found those photos on a thumb drive.  I am now putting them on the computer – we sure do take a lot of photos on our trips, for sure.

I had to stop looking for those photos because I had other errands to run in the afternoon.  First I called my insurance company to ask about a bill from the oncologist office.  I had thought I was done paying my out of pocket money, but after talking to a couple of insurance ladies and actually visiting the business lady at the oncologist, I guess I do still owe another $121.  It’s not that much when I consider all that they are paying and that I’m not paying!!!  I did get labs done today and my numbers were a little high, but no one is concerned about that, certainly not me.

Then I went to a friend’s house to care for her cat while she is on a trip – I am not a cat person but it was kinda fun to sit there a while and play with a cat and a fish on a string! Then I headed home for more computer play time!!  My yard working fella worked at removing some concrete stones from around garden beds today – my yard is getting simpler and simpler all the time and that is definitely a good thing!!  I have also spent a little time watching the Flip or Flop Atlanta and I really enjoy that show – it’s amazing the changes they can make but it’s also amazing how much money they spend making those changes.

I’ve felt quite good today and had very little diarrhea – that was nice!!  I am also enjoying my now short fingernails.  Watch out toenails because you are next.  I am quite tired and my legs are a little sore.  Even though I found that 20 minutes of walking to be quite boring, I suppose I should do that somewhat often.  Maybe I’ll do it tomorrow – maybe.  I do have to be at the hospital at 10 for the pre-surgery testing and I’m sure that will be very interesting – yeah right.  Other than that and playing with a cat, I have a lazy day planned.  I did buy a nice turkey breast so I plan to cook that tomorrow when I get home.  Yum.

Morning weight – 217.2


Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: