The pain has started!!

July 11, 2017 Tuesday

Last night in the shower, the pain started!!  As I just stood still in the shower, my feet started to hurt and the pain quickly got pretty bad.  By the end of the shower, my feet and my hands were both hurting.  I didn’t like it at all, but it didn’t last all night.  I did take an aleve pm again, I really like my sleep, and I did eat more watermelon before bed so I did get up several times during the night, but I quickly went back to sleep!!  When I got up in the morning, I could tell that I was no longer bloated by what was probably chemo fluid – I felt much lighter !!  And I weighed 3 pounds less.  I don’t like being bloated!!  Don’t suppose anyone likes it!!

So overall, I had a good night and felt right as rain this morning.  I fixed my breakfast and then went to visit with the quilt lady friends and had a nice morning with them.  I got to see several beautiful quilts plus my latest one is on its way to getting quilted.  Our little group then went to the new house of one of the ladies, I don’t feel really good putting many names in here in case you haven’t noticed, and I love, love, love her house.  It’s beautiful.  She also made us a great lunch of chili, cheese, chips, cookies, bread and watermelon.  It was a wonderful time.  I left before the others because I had a pool to get to.

The pool was glorious – the water was beautiful and cool but warm enough for me to walk into and the sun was magnificent.  I was a little later than the others, but I may have been in the pool for two hours!!  TWO HOURS!!!  I did wear a hat most of the time and I did wear sunscreen but my face feels like it may have gotten a little too much sun.  I doubt I’ll be able to go to the pool this weekend, but maybe next week.  I hope!!  As we exercised, and I use that term loosely for me although I think I did move constantly for the time I was in the pool, we were able to observe the dating rituals of teen boys and girls and how the groups behave within themselves and with each other.  Things have really not changed much in the decades since I was a part of that.

After the pool, I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and reading and feeling just fine.  I am not drinking as much liquid as I would like – I used to drink lots of pink and yellow lemonade but now that stuff tastes terrible.  Maybe I should make a new batch and try that.  I did drink a gatorade today but that wasn’t really very much. After supper, I cut up a new watermelon for my favorite snack but it looked terrible.  I got a little red from the very center, but not much.  That was a waste of money.  Suppose I’ll get a cut up one tomorrow – that way I’ll at least know it’s red.

It was a nice day and I’m wondering if this is how the process will go??  Have some kind of reaction for a few hours and then it goes away?  Later, have another reaction of some type that lasts a few hours and then it goes away??  I can certainly live with that.  I know that as the treatments continue, the reactions will get longer lasting and more severe.  I just hope it doesn’t get too bad.  It seems everyone I have asked about the number of treatments, has had six treatments but I am only scheduled for four.  I wonder why the change.  Maybe I’ll ask Thursday when I go for lab work.

Morning weight – 216.

Author: melaniesjourneythroughcancer

I am a retired teacher who was recently diagnosed with triple negative ductal breast cancer. I decided to write this blog to record the actions and emotions that occur as I make this journey through the cancer experience.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: